Wrong number ****

********
Wrong Number

I sat down besides him and he portioned the pounded yam into two. We started eating quietly.

“Your ex boyfriend came to the office some days ago”

“He did what!” I exclaimed almost throwing out the lump of pounded yam in my mouth”

“He actually came to gave me a warning”

“What warning?”

“To leave her girlfriend alone of course”

“Tunde has finally gone crazy, who is his girlfriend?”

“He told me about the abortion too and I told him that’s a stale news”

“God!” I said with my head bowed.

“Its okay, that’s bygone now”

“I’m sorry for the embarrassment, hope he didn’t make a scene at the office?”

“He tried to, but I was quick to call the securities on him”

“I’m so sorry”

“Daniella, I was angry not just because of the abortion but because you couldn’t trust me enough to tell me”

“I was planning to tell you before He even show up, but it was just hard for me to say”

“Daniella, you should thank your star that you are smart enough to tell me before that guy, cos if that guy approached me first, then it’s over between us”

“Do you mean that?”

“Yes, I mean it.That’s why I told you to tell me if there’s anything I need to know”

“I’m sorry sweetheart, I promise to always be transparent. So are we good now?”

“No we are not, you’ll have to make me dinner with this delicious egusi soup before you leave” he said smiling.

“So this pounding of yam is one of my punishment right”

“Yes or do you want me to increase the punishment?”

“Daniel thank you for accepting me for who I am”

“Baby! You already know I love you, It’s your past and I can’t dwell on it. We have a whole future ahead of us”

“I love you sweetheart and I promise not to disappoint you again” I couldn’t help but cry he was just too sweet.

“I love you more, don’t cry we are good now” He said.

“This is our first fight, right?”

“Yes” I nodded

“Huh! It wasn’t good, you took my heart away with you the day you left my office”

“Same here, I thought I won’t survive it” I said

“So no more fight, whatever issues we have we’ll trash it out immediately, hun!”

“Noted”i smiled

"In sere o! thank you for the delicious meal" he said

"Did you just speak in Ekiti, Mr! you are unbelievable" I said surprisingly

"I understand little" he said smiling.

"Your grandma? I guess"

"Yea"

I cleared the dishes, this time he joined me in the kitchen.

We went back to the sitting room, we started talking, he told me everything that happened during the week. He got another contract from a multinational company in Lagos.
I also gave him the gist about Tunde and his girlfriend who absconded with his money.

“Dance with me” he said and pulled me up.

“Sure” I said smiling.

He reduced the volume of the TV and played a track by Ed sheeran- Thinking out Loud on his sound system.

He held me in his arms as we dance slowly to the rhythm of the song.

(Music playing)
….And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am
So, honey, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
But maybe we found love right where we are
Oh, baby, we found love right where we are……

He kissed me passionately, I kissed him back in tears. Finally I found love” I said to myself.

“I love you from the very first day I heard your voice” he said and wipe my tears with his palm” he said

“I love you from the very first day I set my eyes on you” I confessed.
And that is the truth, I bottled it up all this while. Yes, I fell in love with him the very day I laid my eyes on him.
[19:16, 3/23/2017] 🗣RevSam✅: Episode 32

Tunde called the next day and this time I proudly picked the call.
“What do you want from me again, at least you’ve accomplished your blackmail mission , or you want to found out how things turned out?”

“Smart girl! So you went ahead to tell him before I do right”

“Well Tunde the good news is that, God did not allow your plans to work, he forgave him”

“Keep on deceiving yourself, you think he forgave you right, he will soon shock you, is he not a man”

“Of course he’s not an amaphrodite, he’s a man, an honorable one at that, he is not like you, kill joy” I spat.

“Well, I know he’ll soon drop your sorry ass, I’ll be waiting”

“I pray you won’t die waiting, anyways all the best and don’t you dare call my line again, if you do, I’ll make sure I have you arrested. Good day” I said and hang up on him.

****(Months later)
Lizzy and I are very close now, the wedding preparations brought us closer, she involved me in most of her wedding plans, despite my busy schedules I make sure I find time to attend to her whenever she needs me.
Paul was very happy when he realized how close I was to Lizzy, I don’t know why but he loved it whenever he hears I’m with her. Lizzy is a very sweet person too, so I love been around her.

I now spend most of my weekends with her and my Beau has started complaining because we hardly see each other except when the four of us are hanging out together.

I later came up with a plan, I go to his office on Fridays after school and I go to Lizzy’s place on Saturdays because we spend most time in Eko idumota just to get more aso ebi since it’s on a higher demand.

2weeks to the wedding, Lizzy called and told me she wants to do some personal shopping, that I should please assist her. We went to the shopping mall and shopped. She suggested we stop by a restaurant and eat, since we are tired and famished.

We settled down and started eating. Someone called her, she received the call and after she ended the call, I noticed she was quiet and looked sad at the same time.

“Lizzy, what’s wrong, why the sudden mood swing?”

“It’s nothing” she gave me a fake smile.

“Something is wrong, who called?”

“My mum”

“You shouldn’t be sad when you receive a call from your mum, so tell me what’s going on exactly”

“I’m sorry but, it’s something about me I don’t want to talk about”

“I hope it’s not a secret?”

“It is, I know we are now friends but can I trust you?”

“Yes you can, your secret is safe with me” I assured her.

“I have a son, I had him when I was in secondary school”

“Having a Child is not a disease, so why are you feeling bad about it…Hold on Paul did not know about it?”

“Yes, he doesn’t”

“Jesus…..Christ! and you are getting married to him in two weeks time!”
[19:16, 3/23/2017] 🗣RevSam✅: Episode 33

“My mom has been pestering me to tell him the truth and that's why she called again, that i need to tell him”

“Lizzy, she’s right, what if he finds out after marriage, what do you think will happen. Have you thought about it? Or you think he’ll never find out? There is no secret under heaven my dear, the best thing is too open up”

“I can’t, he won’t marry me, I’ve had him saying it a couple of times that he can’t marry someone who has a Child”

“You can’t be so sure, he might not mean it that way. Do you know I almost loose my relationship because of something similar to this,” I summarized my own experience.

“Really, you mean all this happened between you and Daniel?”

“My saving grace was that he heard it first from me and not from an outsider”

“ Daniella, I don’t know what to do”

“Can you trust me and let me handle it?”

“Yes” she nodded.
I took my phone from my bag and placed a call.

“Hi Sweetheart”

“Hi babe, how’s the shopping going?”

“We are through with the shopping, we are coming over to your place”

“When did you plan that”

“Just now, it’s urgent we have to see you”

“We?”

“I and Lizzy”

“Hope all is well?”

“All is well. I’ll see you soon, bye” I said and ended the call.

“Did you just call Daniel?” Lizzy asked

“That’s the only person who can help us out, you know how well your fiancé placed him so lets make use of the person he would listen to”

“I know Paul respect him, but are you sure this plan will work out?”

Let’s be positive Lizzy and let’s commit Paul's heart into God hands, the bible says the heart of chiefs are in God’s hands and he turns it as the course of water. I’m sure God will intervene.

Lizzy sighed “Daniella I’m scared”

“I’m scared too because I know Daniel won’t take it lightly, but he’s the only option we’ve got”

Lizzy drove down to the island, 45mins later, we were in Daniel’s place.

He opened the door for us, he hugged us one after the other as we stepped in.

“What can I offer you” he asked

“We are OK, we ate not quite long” I replied him.

“So what’s the urgent matter that brought you here” he asked

I and Lizzy exchanged glances. She signaled to me to do the talking.

I coughed out “Erm… erm..Li…zzy…

“This must be serious. My girlfriend now stammer!” Daniel said standing akimbo.

I gathered all the strength in me to spill it.

“Lizzy has a child and Paul did not know about it” I said with my eyes closed.

“What!” He screamed. You guys are joking right”

“Daniel, I have a son” Lizzy said with her face bowed.

“Lizzy! you dated a guy for good two years and hide something this big from him”

“I never mean to hide it from him initially but I got to know from him that he can’t marry a single mother”

“Still, you should have told him, it’s up to him to decide if he wants to continue with the relationship or not”

“What do we do now?” I asked him.

“Sincerely, I don’t know what to do, do you have anything in mind?” he asked me.

“Em.. my own plan is that, you should help us talk to….

“Excuse me, what did you just say. No way will I go to him and tell him such a thing”

“Daniel please….” I was trying to plead with him when he cut me off.

“Lizzy! He called out facing her. Do you want my candid advice?”

“Yes” she nodded.

“Where is your fiancé now?”

“He should be in his house”

“Good, then go to him right now and tell him everything. I know it’s hard but you have to do it yourself”

“Daniel, I can’t I’m scared, what if he call off the wedding” she said with fresh tears streaming from her eyes

“Trust me it’s better he hears it from you”

“Daniel I cant do it alone” Lizzy pleased with him.

“I feel he will forgive her once you are involved. I said

“I know he respected me and all that, but the fact still remains that its not in my place to tell him. He loves her and that should give her an edge in all this. So Lizzy please do him the honors of telling him yourself” he said calmly facing me.

He stood in front of Lizzy and held her shoulders. “Hearing things like thi
[19:16, 3/23/2017] 🗣RevSam✅: Episode 34

“Calm down Lizzy, everything is going to be fine, I knew things will get ugly tonight.
Let’s give him time to process it, then I’ll talk to him later, your friend is still here, talk to her” Daniel handed over the phone to me.

“Lizzy, it is well, Daniel promised to talk to him, I believe he’ll listen” I said

“I pray he’ll listen, you need to see him, he was something else” Lizzy stated still crying loudly.

“You know what I’ll come over now. I’ll past the night at your place”

“Thanks, I’ll be expecting you” I ended the call and picked my bag.

“Where are you going?” Daniel asked

“I can’t leave her all alone, you know she stays alone”

“I know, but at least hold on, let me get my car keys and take you there” he offered

“Thanks” I said
We set out almost immediately. In the car, I put a call through to my mum, I told her I will be staying at Lizzy's, I had to tell her the situation on ground, because I don’t sleep out.

Daniel stopped in front of a boutique. I gave a why did you stop the car look.
“Wait in the car, I’ll be back in a jiffy” he said and alighted.
I watched him walked into the boutique. Few minutes later, he was out with a plastic bag.
He entered the car and handed the bag over to me.

“What’s this?” I asked before checking it out.

“You’ll need a change of clothes” he said with his gaze fixed on the road.

I opened the bag, he bought a peach color knee length gown and underwears. He knew my size from clothes to shoes, even underwear.

I looked at the amazing man sitting next to me.
“Thank you” I smiled.

“You’re welcome”

This guy is good at thinking ahead. I myself did not think of what to wear the next day, all I want is just to be with Lizzy.

We were almost at Lizzy’s house when Daniel got a call from Paul. Paul told him his coming over to his side, but Daniel told him not to come, he sensed he might not be in a right state of mind to drive. He assured him he’ll come over to his place.

“I’ll have to pass the night at Paul’s place too” Daniel said when he ended the call.

He dropped me off at Lizzy’s place, but he decided to check on her before leaving. We went into her apartment, she sat on the tiled floor sobbing. She doesn’t look like the Lizzy I shopped with some hours ago. I was moved to tears when I saw her.

Daniel gave her words of encouragement and reassured her he’ll try his best to ensure things get better.
I saw him off to his car, he told me not to leave her side.

“And stop crying, you need to be strong for her” he said

“Ok”
i nodded

“Good”

“Sweetheart I’m not happy, why is all this happening to our friends” I said.

He drew me closer to him and took me into his arms for some seconds. “They will be fine”

He released me from his grip. “I have to go now I Paul needs me too”

He left and drove down to Paul's house.

I went back into the house, I told Lizzy Daniel is passing the night at Paul’s house, so she could know she’s not the only one in this difficult situation.
I forced Lizzy to take a cold bath. She showered and I prepared noodles for her which she barely ate.

Daniel called and told me the situation of things at his side.

“How is he?” I asked

“Paul is not in a good shape, the news really broke him” he replied.

"Eh ya! I feel for him too”

“I can’t talk with him now, I’ll have to sit and watch him till he sleep”

“Same here, I’m trying to get Lizzy to sleep too”

“Lets just hope for the best”

“Have you called Papilo?” I asked

“Yes, I told him not to wait up for me and instruct him to lock up everywhere.

“OK, then”

“ Make sure you get some rest too once Lizzy is asleep”

“I will, thanks”

“Good night, I love you”

“I love you too, good night”
I ended the call and sighed.

I tried to make Lizzy sleep but she didn’t until like 2am. I took my bath and slept quietly beside her.

The next morning, I prepared a light breakfast, I told her to take her bath and dress up for church.

“I’m not going to church” She said softly.

“Why? Are you mourning? You better dre
[19:16, 3/23/2017] 🗣RevSam✅: ****
I drove Lizzy’s car, I can’t trust her behind the wheels. I know her mind is far from here.
The truth is that I was scared too, but I just hoped the issue will be resolved.
We entered into Paul’s sitting room and we exchanged greetings.

Daniel did all the talking, I and Lizzy just sat down quietly. After like 30mins of talking, Paul finally spoke for the first time since we got there.

“Daniel, how will you feel if you find yourself in a situation you hated the most. I have vowed never to marry someone who already has a child”

“Having a child is not a disease, Paul” I said not knowing where the nerve came from.

“I know it’s not a disease, but I don’t want my children having a step brother or sister. I don’t like anything called- step”

“You are stucked here, there is no going back. You can’t change that again. Your unborn children already has a Step in waiting” Daniel stated

“Stucked! Did you just say stucked. I’m not, Daniel I won’t go ahead with the wedding. In fact I’m leaving town this week”

“Come of it Paul, you are blowing things out of proportion here. What do you mean by that”

“I’m dead serious, she can go to the church alone, I don’t give a damn”

“You are not leaving town and that wedding is going to hold” Daniel said authoritatively.

“Paul, you know Lizzy is a great person, I know you truly love her, but do you have to give her up because of this child issue” I said

“There are many ladies out there, but not all are wife material. Would you rather prefer someone who has no child but devious, cunning and pretender to a great woman like Lizzy?” Daniel added.

He remained quiet with his head bowed all through.

“Lizzy! Why? Why didn’t you tell me earlier” he said starring into her eyes.

I immediately push Lizzy to him, she knelt down before him and started begging and crying at the same time. I knelt down too and we all started pleading on Lizzy’s behalf.

“Who is the child’s father”

“He’s nobody, he denied the paternity of the child. We tried to make him take responsibilities for the child, but since he already denied the paternity of the child, there’s nothing we can do and he never showed up since then. I and my mother are the only ones responsible for the child’s upbringing” Lizzy explained.

“Where is the child now?” he asked her

“He stays with my mother, you’ve met him once at my mom’s place”

“Him?”

“Yes, he’s a boy”

He sighed heavily. “I’ll adopt him legally and he’ll live with us after the wedding, so he will grow up together with our own children”

I stood up and hugged him. “Thank you very much, may you never be put to shame” I said.
Daniel came closer to him and hugged him too.

“Thanks man, you are a good man” Daniel said.

Lizzy was still on her knees, she just stood there speechless, she’s still finding it difficult to comprehend everything her fiancée said. She bursted into fresh tears, I think it’s tears of joy.

Paul carried her up and hugged her, I saw drop of tears fell from his eyes.

The atmosphere was full of emotions, tears started running on my cheeks too, my boyfriend walked up to me and hugged me.

“Stop crying everything is fine now, don’t worry your chief bride’s maid dress won’t waste” he said trying to cheer me up.
Lizzy turned to me and hugged me.

“Thank you, you are friend indeed, I would have carried this big secret into my marriage if not for you” she said as she hugged me tightly.

Paul too hugged. “Do you now see the reason why I want you around her? I know you will never mislead her” Paul said still hugging me. He thanked me for my intervention.

Some minutes later Daniel and I decided to leave, the couples needed time alone.

We left Paul’s house and he took me home, we were both stressed out. I got home and explained everything to my mother, she was glad the whole issue was resolved.

She even told me the story of someone she knew who had the same case and the husband to be called off the wedding and left the lady for good. She said if it’s another man, all th
[19:16, 3/23/2017] 🗣RevSam✅: Episode 35

Two weeks later, we were all in front of the altar to witnessed the couples exchanged their vows. They finally said “I do”. I was the chief bride’s maid while my Daniel was the best man.

“I think both of you should just tie the knot today once and for all” Paul said and his wife supported the motion. We all laughed it off.

“Don’t worry, just give us little time” Daniel replied him.

“Little time! Is he planning to propose” I thought within myself.
After the reception, we saw them off to the airport for their honey moon.

I really miss Lizzy, they traveled to Paris for their honey moon. She called everyday despite the fact that she’s on her honey moon.

My love for Daniel increased on a daily basis. The same with him. I frequent his office more often, I’ve dropped most of my extra lesson classes. I and his secretary Lola are now friends although she’s younger than me.

Daniel’s latest habit is gifts shower. He showered me with all kinds of gift, some I even had to dash out. I lacked nothing, I was just working for working sake, not that I need the money. It got to a stage I had to complain.

“You are spoiling me with too much gift” I said

“Let me spoil you, you are all that I have here, you are my only family. My sister, my friend, my companion and everything. If I don’t spoil you who will I spoil” he said teasingly with a kiss.

****
Daniel proposed to me after we had a dinner date in an exotic restaurant It was so romantic.

“Will you marry this man that is head over heels in love with you?” he said kneeling on one knee with a red velvet box in his hand.

“Yes, I will” I said with teary eyes. I was so happy.

“I promise to love and cherish you for the rest of my life” he said and kissed me.

He took me home that night when we left the restaurant.
He pulled over and held my hand before I alighted

I got home that very day and told my family about my engagement. They were all happy to hear the news.

I went to my room. I looked at the expensive diamond ring on my ring finger, I definitely know it will cost a fortune. I remember where I was coming from, I couldn’t help but cry, I tried to hold back the tears but I couldn’t, I just let it flow. Here I am with a man who loved and cherished me.

“Lord I owe it all to you” I said aloud.

I found peace and fulfillment within me. I’m trusting God to give me all it takes to be a virtuous woman.

An hour later he called me when he got home. He thanked me for accepting his proposal and he made so many promises. Please who will turned down a marriage proposal from a man like Daniel.

****
The couples are back from their honey moon trip. They came to my house to visit. It was so good to see them again. Lizzy was sparkling in her yellow gown. Her Brazilian hair, make up and all was on point. She looks more beautiful and fresh.
“Lizzy look at you… Who says marriage is not a beautiful thing”

She turned around and accessed herself. “Thank you….she said smiling.

“You look stunning, Paul I can see your hand here”

“Yea! I tried right”

“This is more than try, job well done. Hi five my guy” I said and gave him a high five.

They also congratulated me on my engagement.

“Girlfriend I think you’ll need a bodyguard to carry that thing around” Lizzy said jokingly,

“You can say that again”

“It’s so beautiful” She said admiring my engagement ring.

“Thank you…” I said blushing.
I asked Lizzy when she’ll resume work and he said the next day.

“This is why I don’t like banking job, do you people rest at all”

“Imagine the bank gave her just two weeks for honey moon leave. I had to pull strings to get an extra week” Paul explained.

“I’m not complaining, I love my Job” She said giving us a funny attitude.
“You here that she’s not complaining “ I said and we laughed it out.

They promise to check on Daniel the next day. They left an hour later.

No comments